- Public Works
- Water Division
In 2014, City Council limited outdoor watering to twice a week as a year-round efficiency measure. This restriction pertains to sprinklers (automatic and attachment), and irrigation systems.
When May I Water My Yard?
- Residential addresses ending in even numbers water on Wednesday and Saturday
- Residential addresses ending in odd numbers water on Sunday and Thursday
- All other locations (apartments/businesses/etcetera) water on Tuesday and Friday
- No watering between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. on any day
Wanna Save Some Green?
CLICK HERE for Weekly Water Advice
CLICK HERE for Weekly Water Saving Tips
- Watering with a soaker hose, drip irrigation or by hand-held hose is allowed at any time.
- No watering hard surfaces.
- No watering during precipitation.
- No water waste through runoff, missing, misaligned, or broken sprinkler heads.
- Hand watering and watering with a soaker hose is allowed anytime
- Water may not run off a lawn or yard more than 50 feet. Supervised testing, repair or maintenance of an irrigation system is an exception.
- Foundations may be watered up to two hours on any day using a handheld hose, soaker hose or drip irrigation system placed within 24 inches of the foundation that does not produce a spray of water above the ground.
- Establishing new turf is discouraged. If hydromulch, grass sod, or grass seed has been installed, a variance is required.
- Washing of any motorized vehicle is limited to the use of a hand-held bucket or a hand-held hose equipped with a positive-pressure shut off nozzle for quick rinses.
- Hosing of paved areas is discouraged except to alleviate an immediate health or safety hazard.
- No hosing of buildings or other structures for purposes other than fire protection or surface preparation prior to painting.