City of White Settlement SPECIAL ELECTION TO FILL A VACANCY
The Special Election to Fill a Vacancy will be held on May 6, 2023.
For candidacy filing purposes, the location of the main administrative office for the Special Election is:
City of White Settlement City Hall
Office of the City Secretary
214 Meadow Park Drive
White Settlement, TX 76108
The White Settlement Public Library, located at 8215 White Settlement Road, White Settlement, Texas 76108, will serve as an Early Voting and Election Day vote center.
|Elected officers of the City of White Settlement||Year Elected Officer’s Term Expires|
|Hon. Paul Moore, Place 1||2023|
|Hon. Alan Price, Place 2||2025|
|Hon. Amber Munoz, Place 3||2025|
|Hon. William Wright, Place 4||2024|
|Hon. Gregg Geesa, Place 5||2024|
Candidate Filing Dates and Fees:
Filing dates for Application for Place on Ballot are February 8, 2023 through March 6, 2023. *The City Secretary Office is not required to be open on weekends for the purpose of candidate filings.
There is a $50.00 filing fee for candidates filing for Mayor.
A candidate may also file a PETITION IN LIEU OF A FILING FEE.
Statement of Candidate Requirements:
Candidates must submit FORM CTA to the Office of the City Secretary prior paying a filing fee.
The filing fee is due at the time the APPLICATION FOR PLACE ON BALLOT is submitted.
An application filed prior to February 8, 2023 is void. Applications should be submitted timely to allow for review of requirements. All fields must be completed unless specifically marked optional.
Candidates must meet the following qualifications as set out in the CITY OF WHITE SETTLEMENT CHARTER:
Qualifications to for Candidacy:
• A resident of the City of White Settlement and the State of Texas and shall have been a resident for a period of not less than twelve (12) months immediately preceding his election;
• A qualified voter of the State of Texas and Tarrant County;
• Shall not be employed by the City of White Settlement;
• Shall not hold another elective governmental office;
• Shall be eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of filing for and/or assuming office;
• Shall not have been determined to be mentally incompetent by a final judgment of a court;
• Shall have not been finally convicted of a felony or misdemeanor offense involving moral turpitude from which the person had not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disability.
Notice of Meetings and Record of Meetings of the City of White Settlement City Council
For internet posting of City Council Meeting Agenda or Minutes, please select the appropriate link:
City Council meetings are held the First Tuesday of each month beginning at 6:30 PM, unless otherwise scheduled by council action. Special meetings are called as needed. Below are scheduled City Council Meeting dates for 2023.
Council Meeting Dates 2023
Below are links to additional information that may be helpful to candidates and voters.
Tarrant County Elections Administration
Secretary of State Election Division information for candidates and voters:
Texas Ethics Commission Candidate Guide
Political Advertising Guide
Campaign Finance Guide for Local Candidates
Candidate Forms\ch258 Fair Campaign Practices.pdf
Texas Election Code
Texas Administrative Code – Elections
Election Acronyms & Abbreviations
Texas Ethics Commission 2021 Filing Schedule for Reports Due