First deliveries go out Wednesday, March 4!
If you or someone you know is homebound and unable to come to the library, let us bring the library to you!
The White Settlement Public Library offers Homebound Services to patrons over 60 residing in the City of White Settlement who are unable to visit the library. "Homebound" is defined as being generally confined to one’s residence either temorarily, due to illness or accident, or permanently due to disability, age, or other mobility issues.
Patron Eligibility, Registration, & Use
- Patrons applying for homebound service must have a White Settlement Library card in good standing. If the patron does not have a library card, or if their library card needs to be updated, the staff member who makes the initial delivery will require the patron to complete a library card application. Patrons who owe fines or fees are required to settle their accounts prior to receiving their first order of library materials.
- Applicants can apply online here or by downloading the application here (PDF) and mailing it in. The application may also be picked up from the library.
- Patrons registered for homebound service may reserve items online, or may call or email the library to request specific titles. Patrons may also request that a librarian select materials based on the patron’s reading preferences as specified on the Application for Homebound Service.
Delivery Schedule, Loan Period, and Guidelines
- Library materials will be delivered and picked up by City staff on Wednesdays. A staff member will call the day before delivery.
- Library books and audiobooks will be loaned for two weeks. DVDs will be loaned for one week.
- Homebound patrons may check out up to 3 audiobooks, up to 5 movies, and up to 10 books at a time for a total of 18 items.
- Library materials will be delivered in a bag, and must be returned in that same bag.
- A member of the household must be present to receive materials at the door. Staff will not enter the home.
Fines & Fees
- There is no fee for homebound library services.
- Because deliveries go out on item due dates, late fees will not apply to homebound materials.
- The library’s standard fee schedule will apply for damaged or lost items.